Volunteers Needed: May 22 Cleanup Day
Join us at The Texas Pool on Saturday, May 22nd for #SpringCleaning to help prepare our historic pool for the upcoming season!
- Tidying, organizing and cleaning to prepare for the swim season
- Painting and light carpentry work (bring your own tools)
- Power washing chairs, decks and sidewalks
- Gardening, raking, blowing out leaves
Location & Parking: The Historic Texas Pool located (901 Springbrook Dr. Plano, TX 75075). The Texas Pool is located within a residential area near Plano Parkway & Alma. When you arrive, you can park on the street directly in front of the pool. Please make sure not to block the fire lane.
When You Arrive: We’ll have the gate open, just walk into the pool area and sign-in & sign the onsite waiver. We’ll start at 10 AM, but the gate will be open at 9:45 AM CST.
Don’t Forget: Wear close-toed shoes/boots, bring gardening gloves, bring your personal mask (*we will be outside and socially distanced and if you are comfortable removing it you can considering your distance from the next person).
Extra Stuff: Kids 12 years old & up, spouses, friends, and other awesome helpers are always welcomed! Bring them along!
Important Info to Communicate: We’ll have tasks like gardening, inventory, wear & tear, sweeping, picking up litter and tidying. At the time of check-in, please communicate if you have any physical restrictions so that we can accommodate you.
Snacks & Water provided!
10 AM Welcome & Safety Orientation conducted at the start of both shifts
10:15 AM Start of Shift Let’s Get Busy! You will be given an assignment, guidance, and support for your task
Please plan to stay for a minimum of 2 hours. All volunteers that help can log volunteer hours and receive a FREE guest pass to swim in the pool during the 2021 – 2022 season.
Fun Facts About the Texas Pool…
- Listed in the National Register of Historic Places
- Historic 168,000-gallon saltwater pool shaped like Texas!
- Oldest Texas Shaped pool in the whole wide world!
- In 2018 – DFW residents voted that they would rather swim at The Texas Pool than attend the Justin Timberlake concert!
- American Idol Ron Bultongez stopped by The Texas Pool on July 4th and serenaded a crowd of over 500 pool-goers! It was the largest unplanned concert in Plano!
- Mermaids & Pirates are often spotted at the pool!
- Cherokee Nation Certified Artist murals are located inside the pool
- We are a Pokestop!
- Dinosaur tracks were found a few feet away from the pool!
- The Texas Pool has been featured in over 500+ media outlets globally as a landmark to identify Texas including Comedy Central with Trevor Noah!
- One of the most recognizable Plano landmarks is The Texas Pool!
The Texas Pool provides outreach services for other non-profits for fundraising, sponsoring families, providing a swim day to celebrate underserved communities & recipients
If you have any additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank you in advance for the willingness to help! See you on 5/22! Volunteers will be onsite from 10 AM – 2 PM CST.
Don’t forget to log your hours by visiting: https://texaspool.org/support/volunteer-service-hours-log/