WIN a FREE Texas Pool Family Membership! Enter the Plano Urgent Care Water Safety Poster Contest. Click HERE for contest information and rules.
NOW HIRING LIFEGUARDS AND WSI INSTRUCTORS FOR THE 2016 SEASON
For more information & the lifeguard application CLICK HERE
If you are interested in being a Lifeguard (or Junior Lifeguard) at the pool in 2016, please complete the form, scan it and then email it to this email address (email@example.com). Remember to include copies of your certifications. Information on the Junior Lifeguard Course may be found HERE. Information on the Learn to Swim Assistant program for Junior Lifeguards may be found HERE. Visit the Plano Leisure Catalog for more information on registration for these courses.
The Texas Pool Summer Season runs from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Now accepting Membership Registration for the 2016 Season. Sign Aboard now!
TEXAS PRIDE . TEXAS PEOPLE . TEXAS POOL
As Featured in the Dallas Morning News: Historic Texas Pool
(Texas Pool aerial view photograph by David Woo courtesy of the Dallas Morning News)
Welcome to The Texas Pool in Plano, TTX
The historic Texas Pool is a nonprofit, membership supported, community pool shaped like the great State of Texas. Membership is open to the general public; members are not required to live in the neighborhood or even in Texas to join. The Texas Pool is maintained and managed by a volunteer Board of Directors. The Texas Pool Foundation is a 501(c)3 registered charity.
Established in 1961, the Texas Pool has been providing legendary fun and fitness for generations. Sign aboard for a saltwater summer destination you'll never forget. Swim across Texas!
The Texas Pool is featured in D Magazine "Get Wet and Wild" and in Plano Magazine, "a guide to the Good Stuff!." Find the Texas Pool on the San Antonio Home Page, in the Plano Star Courier, USA Today, Texas Monthly and on TV Channel 33. The Texas Pool has been featured on KVIL and KLIF radio stations.
- • 168,000-gallon saltwater pool
- • Diving board, 2 water slides and center island
- • Shallow wading area in "South Texas" for small children and parents
- • Family friendly, welcoming atmosphere with legendary historic ambiance
- • Certified Lifeguard team and a Jr. Lifeguard program for youth ages 13-14
- • Kids 10+ can be dropped off to swim without parents after passing a basic swim test
- • Water and beach volleyball (Beach Volleyball games every Tuesday night at 6:30)
- • Visit the Snack Bar or bring in your own picnic food, and coolers with nonalcoholic beverages
- • BBQ grills and picnic tables are available for your use
- • Family Night Swim, Adult BYOB Night Swim, and Excluslive Members only events.
- * 20% off Memberships for Veterans, Active Duty Military, Police and Firefighters
- • Community events: Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day and National Night Out
- * Complimentary WiFi for Time Warner customers
- * Little Free Library and Chess Team
- * Texas Gulf Coast Murals created by Cherokee Nation Certified Artist, Molly Brewer