Love the Texas Pool? We’re looking for new volunteers to help in the offseason and into next summer.
The Texas Pool is a 501c3 nonprofit that is managed and maintained by people like you! Our volunteers are members of the community who love the pool and want it to be a fun family destination for years to come. Plus, volunteering comes with its perks (think free or discounted parties and memberships). Message us for more info or fill out an application.
- Event Chair – Oversee the planning and executions of Texas Pool-sponsored events. The Event Chair would work with the Communications Director for marketing the event, ensure any performers are lined up (just 1 event a year), ensure supplies are purchased (most are already purchased) and be onsite for most events. (We have two Event Coordinators already to report to this position).
- Volunteer Chair – Advocate for the pool to gain quality long-term volunteers, assign coaches to bring new volunteers up to speed, and use volunteer sites to schedule day volunteers.
- Fundraising Chair/Committee – Help plan and execute fundraising projects to benefit the Texas Pool.
- Historian – Interview and/or transcribe interviews with past patrons, attend Historic Downtown Plano meetings and give Texas Pool tours.
- Misc. Small Roles – fundraising committee, events committee, party greeter, homeschool liaison, special needs liaison, Little Free Library and Little Free Pantry coordinator, Google & Yelp assistant, blog contributor, photographer, bulletin board manager, North Texas Giving Day coordinator, silent auction coordinator, snack bar volunteer, pool maintenance, handyman, plumber, electrician, painter, gardener and more