The Texas Pool needs your help for the summer season
Love the Texas Pool? Want to help make it a better place to swim this summer? We’d love to have you as a volunteer.
The Texas Pool Foundation is the 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to the preservation of the Texas Pool landmark and to community outreach. The pool is managed, maintained, and marketed by volunteers. Volunteers are need each season to help with a wide variety of tasks such as fundraising, historical preservation and outreach, grant writing, marketing and social media, garden and facility maintenance, coordinating aquatic programs and leading the Texas Pool mermaid pod! Leadership roles are available.
Can you spare a few hours each week or each month to fill one of these roles:
- CFO/CPA – (Board of Directors) Oversees the budget and financial operation of the Texas Pool. He or she also leads the finance committee.
- Treasurer – Works with the CFO to ensures the pool’s day-to-day financial operations are in order and is a member of the financial committee.
- Attorney – (Board of Directors) Provides guidance and assistance to the board as legal questions or challenges arise.
- Fundraising Chair – Works with a team on various fundraising efforts benefitting the nonprofit Texas Pool Foundation.
- Volunteer Coordinator – Helps recruit new board team members and ensures they have the tools they need to perform their role.
- Grant Coordinator – Seeks out grant opportunities to help further the Texas Pool Foundation’s mission.
- North Texas Giving Day Coordinator – Oversees the pool’s annual North Texas Giving Day fundraising campaign and associated events.
- Community Service Coordinator – Helps further the Texas Pool Foundation’s mission to provide services to the community.
- Marketing Coordinator – Works with the Communications team to promote the pool and its events. Graphic design skills are a plus.
- Social Media Coordinator – Works with the Communications team to manage the pool’s social media accounts.
- Photography Coordinator – Works with the Communications team to promote the pool and record history though photos.
- Mermaid Coordinator – Acts as a liaison between the board and the Texas Pool Merfolk Pod. Organizes mermaid meetups and events.
- Gardens Coordinator – Oversees and cares for the pool’s award-winning Butterfly Garden, community vegetable garden and other potted plants.
- Jr. Lifeguard Coordinator – Works with the Lifeguard team and oversees an education program for 13 and 14-year-old aspiring lifeguards.
- Swim Lessons Coordinator – Seeks out instructors and manages swimming classes at the Texas Pool.
With your service, you will be eligible for a discounted or free family membership to the pool. Members of the Board of Directors also receive one free party for up to 100 people. Keys to the facility and other nominal perks like guest passes, t-shirts, etc. are also available.
Email us at email@example.com or fill out a volunteer application for more information.
The Texas Pool board team is a diverse group of creative and innovative volunteers united by a passion for serving the community and preserving the historic Texas Pool. With their service, board team members receives one complimentary family membership to the pool and one free party for up to 100 people.