Texas Pool CFO/CPA needed
The Texas Pool is looking for a dedicated and motivated volunteer to fill our year-round Chief Financial Officer position! The CFO is a voting member of our 501(c)3 non-profit organization’s Board of Directors. He or she establishes finance operational strategies by evaluating trends and determining areas of financial waste, develops financial well-being plan by providing financial projections and accounting services, and prepares for growth. The CFO leads the financial committee and fills in gaps where necessary.
With their service, the CFO receives one complimentary family membership to the pool and one free party for up to 100 people. Keys to the facility and other nominal perks like guest passes, t-shirts, etc. are also available.
- Strategize financial operations with the Vice President and financial operations team
- Monitor all financial accounts (Checking, Grant, PayPal and Square)
- Oversee financial operations and reports including accounting of income and expenses with QB and reconcile bank account. Work with bookkeeping service to ensure completeness
- File all sales tax reports (Jan, April, July & Oct 10th – Jan & April are always 0)
- File all payroll tax reports for federal and Texas accounts (Quarterly via QB)
- File yearly tax returns
- Respond to all communications promptly (email, FB, calls, texts)
- Encourage volunteerism and mentor new recruits
- Volunteer at Texas Pool events consistently
- Assist in Fundraising opportunities
- Organization and planning skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff and volunteers
- Outgoing, positive attitude
Time Commitment: Hours vary, but the expectation is about 5 hours per week in-season and 5 hours per month in the off-season.