We’re hosting a FREE beach party sponsored by the Credit Union of Texas on Thursday, Sept. 22 from 5-8 PM. The pool will be open for one final day this year!
Come swim to the southing sounds of Charles Duhon on the steel drums. Take a photo with the mermaids, including Miss Mermaid Texas Victoria Hubner. Get an autograph from Mrs. Texas International Jennifer Daly. Firefighters from the Plano Fire Department will also be there to hand out stickers and water watcher tags (assuming there are no emergencies).
Grab a sandwich or shawarma wrap for dinner from the Abu Omar halal street food truck.
Everyone who attends will be eligible to win one of these AMAZING prizes from our sponsors!!
- 2 Treetop Adventure adult tickets from Go Ape
- 2 full day passes from Crayola Experience
- $100 gift card and table for 6 at Legacy Food Hall
- 1 hour of bowling and shoes for 4 at Pinstack
- 4 tickets to a Shakespeare in the Parkshow
- Visa gift card from Credit Union of Texas
We just ask that you support the Texas Pool Foundation on North Texas Giving Day! Donations will be accepted all day Sept. 22 online and at The Texas Pool. Every little bit helps!
For over 60 years, the Texas Pool has been a place where time slows down, memories are made, and summertime traditions are handed down through the generations. North Texas Giving Day is an opportunity to say, “Thank you!” and to carry it forward.
A National Register historic site, the Texas Pool belongs to the public and is managed, maintained, and marketed almost exclusively by volunteers. The Texas Pool encourages community involvement and provides swim safety and lifeguard education. We offer free swimming opportunities for underserved populations of Dallas and Collin County and accept community service and bartering for swimming opportunities.
Restoration and Renovation
Summer memberships and ticket sales alone do not cover the costs associated with preserving a landmark. Additional funding is needed to help the Texas Pool complete historic restoration and renovation projects such as:
- Replacing the deteriorating big blue Miracle Slide in West Texas
- Safely repairing the aging electrical system on the property
- Installing a neighborhood-friendly sound system
- Repairing and replacing perimeter lighting to improve nighttime safety
- Purchasing new salt cells for improved water purification
- Restoring the front entrance to its original 1960s character
- Updating and improving the pool’s bathrooms
All donations are tax-deductible and will help the Texas Pool Foundation continue its mission of preserving the Texas Pool landmark and offering community outreach programs for many more summers.
Donate Early: www.northtexasgivingday.org/organization/texaspool